What is a Mommy Makeover?
Pregnancy and breastfeeding can definitely take a toll on a woman’s body, resulting in excess skin, stubborn fat deposits, and sagging breasts. A mommy makeover is a combination of procedures that address breasts and body, to help restore a woman’s pre-pregnancy figure for a boost in confidence.
Who is a Candidate?
Women who have experienced childbirth and are now unhappy with the appearance of their bodies can often benefit from a mommy makeover. It is important that candidates be at their ideal body weight, be finished with child-bearing, and are in good medical health. Candidacy can be further discussed during a consultation with Dr. Fichadia.
The mommy makeover procedure is a highly individualized one and can consist of a number of procedures, including breast augmentation, breast lift, liposuction, tummy tuck, and more.
- Breast Augmentation– Can increase the size of the breasts using breast implants for a fuller, more proportionate breast contour. This is offered to patients who suffer from loss of volume and flattening of the breasts, but have minimal to no sagging.
- Breast Lift– Can lift drooping or sagging breasts to a more youthful position. It can be done with or without implants.
- Breast reduction – can reduce and lift the breasts.
- Liposuction– Can remove stubborn deposits of fat on almost any area of the body.
- Tummy Tuck– Can eliminate excess skin from the abdomen, as well as tighten weakened or separated abdominal muscles for a flatter abdominal contour.
The procedures included in your mommy makeover can be discussed during your consultation with Dr. Fichadia, during which an examination will be done.
Results and Recovery
Because this procedure is individualized, recovery will differ from patient to patient depending on the combination of procedures done. However, it is important to follow a healthy lifestyle following the surgery to maintain your results long-term. Dr. Fichadia will provide specific post-op instructions which will help you achieve a quick and safe recovery.
If you are looking to restore your pre-pregnancy figure, a mommy makeover can help! Contact our Portland office today to schedule your consultation and get started on your mommy makeover journey!