Breast Augmentation or Breast Lift: Which is Right for You?
If you’re dissatisfied with the appearance of your breasts, it’s important to know you have options. The most popular is breast augmentation, which involves increasing your breasts’ cup size through the use of implants or fat transfer. A breast lift, on the other hand, involves restructuring the breasts so that they are higher and perkier when you have sagging and deflation. It’s important to know when and why you should choose one of these procedures over the other. Sometimes, you can benefit from having them both together, so here’s what to know about choosing the right option for you.
Reasons to Have Breast Surgery
There are a variety of reasons you might choose to have breast surgery. These include:
• You want to correct sagging
• You wish your clothing fit better
• You want to increase the fullness and angle of your breasts
• You wish to restore the volume your breasts had prior to weight loss or pregnancy
• You want to better contour your figure
• You want to balance out the proportion of your figure
• You wish to improve the symmetry of your breasts
• You want to boost your self-confidence and esteem
Is Breast Augmentation or Breast Lift Better for Me?
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, hundreds of thousands of women undergo breast augmentation procedures each year. Specifically, this includes procedures like breast augmentation, breast implant surgery, and breast enlargement. Overall, breast augmentation has stayed at the top of the list of cosmetic surgery procedures at number two in the United States. At the same time, breast lift surgeries have grown in popularity by around 70 percent since 2000.
Advantages of Each Procedure
There are some well-documented benefits to breast augmentation. They include the following:
• High satisfaction rates
• Improvement in your figure for the long term
• Minimal scarring
There are also plenty of benefits to a breast lift. You can expect the following:
• Improvement in the shape, symmetry, and projection of your breasts
• Your clothing fits better, giving you better self-confidence
• Minimal scarring that’s easily hidden with clothing
• Lasting results if you maintain your weight
Combining Both Procedures
While many women opt for either breast augmentation or breast lift, in some cases combining breast augmentation and breast lift procedures can be a great option. This is often best when you have sagging breasts with a loss of volume and dissatisfaction about the size of your breasts at the same time. When the two procedures are combined, it can have a twofold benefit in saving you money and recovery time. This option is often a popular choice for mommy makeover procedures because it combines the best of both worlds.
Schedule a Consultation
The best way to learn more about your breast surgery options is by meeting with Dr. Hetal Fichadia to begin planning the ideal breast augmentation with lift procedure for you. To get started, we invite you to contact our Portland office by calling or filling out our online form.